NEW! Cruise the Coops
Window and Lawn Decorating Contest celebrating the 40th Wayne Chicken Show-40 Years of “Egg-Cellence”
This is a timed event that is open to everyone. Displays will be judged from 9:30 am- 11:30 am on Saturday, September 12.
Businesses, organizations, and individuals are encouraged to be creative by decorating windows, creating a display outside their business or home, or parking a float at their location. Displays can include live action.
$10 Entry Fee and completed entry form for each entry is due to Wayne Area Economic Development at 108 W 3rd Street by September 4.
-Best 2020 Theme Related
-Best Chicken Related
Numbers will be assigned and will need to be picked up at the Wayne Area Economic Development office prior to September 11. Numbers will need to be displayed prominently in the window or on the lawn. A map and list of entries will be provided via www.chickenshow.com and social media.
Parade toss items (options) should be delivered with your completed entry form. 200 Parade toss bags will be assembled for distribution upon turning in People’s Choice vote by 1 pm on September 12 at the Chicken Show Information booth. No items can be passed out during the Cruise the Coops.
This event is coordinated with the help of Wayne Rotary Club.
CRUISE THE COOPS MAP! Check out the PDF for the full listing
CRUISE THE COOPS! Be sure to vote for People’s Choice! Here’s how this works:
1. Have a map-We have printed ones at Wayne Area Economic Development you can pick up, you can print one off of the website at or you can save the photo on your smartphone.
2. Go out between 9:30 am-11:30 am to see all the displays.
3. Decide which one you think is the best!
4. Turn in your vote at the Wayne County Fairgrounds at the information booth and the first 200 people will receive a goodie bag of prizes. All you have to do it come up to the booth and say what number you think should win.
5. Enjoy the rest of the Wayne Chicken Show!
Thank you to the White Dog Pub for sponsoring the parade prizes!